24 Jul – 29 Jul, 2017REGISTER NOW
Exclusive to only 30 participants; the inaugural Gallipoli ANZAC swim tour with Shelley Taylor-Smith is a must to check off your bucket list!
Share in the most spiritual open water swimming experience of a lifetime and pay your respects as you swim in the beautiful sea at Anzac Cove.
Lead by the best guide Mr Kenan Celik MA OAM, you will receive expert knowledge of the history of the Gallipoli battlefields and the ancient cities of Troy and Assos.
While experienced guides will cover the cultural aspects of your trip, you will also have the unique opportunity to be taught by the best in an open water swimming clinic and stroke correction analysis, finding your best stroke in the open water with Coach Shelley Taylor-Smith at Anzac Cove.
To top off this tour, enjoy an evening with Shelley Taylor-Smith as she presents a motivational talk highlighting her globally marathon swimming experiences over dinner, as well as fielding your questions on uncovering your ‘why’ – your love of Open Water and how you think about your water differently – to appreciate the cognitive, emotional, and social value of being completely submerged!
The Gallipoli ANZAC swim tour is for the passionate and patriotic, Australians and New Zealanders who wish to combine tourist activities with their love of the open water. A good experience of swimming in all sea conditions is essential.
Arrive in Istanbul airports
Check in to hotels Bed & Breakfast service.
Before noon : Transfer to race village,registration and boat tour,
Afternoon : Optional Istanbul sight seeing tour of old town of Istanbul (35 Euros pp)
– Full day Bosphorus cross continental swim event
– Full day Tour of Old town of Istanbul
– 10.00 Transfer to Gallipoli/Canakkale
– Check in to the ANZAC Hotel http://www.anzachotel.com/
In the centre of Canakkale city two minutes walk to the famous old clock tower. The best location in the town, 5 minutes walk to the harbour.
– 0800 – 1600 Tour of Gallipoli
Guided by Kenan Celik (Has the Order of Australian Medal) www.kcelik.com visiting Brighton beach, Beach cemetery, ANZAC cove, Ariburnu Cemetery, ANZAC commemorative site,Respect to Mehmetcik statue,Lone Pine Australian Memorial, Johnston’s Jolly, Turkish and Allied trenches and tunnels, Turkish 57 Infantry regiment cemetery,The Nek, Chunuk Bair New Zealand memorial
– Lunch break
– Çimenlik castle and remains from the war
– Full day swim event at Anzac cove (Anzac cove to Brighton beach) with 7-time Women’s World No.1 Ranked Marathon Swimming Champion & Open Water Swimming Coach, Shelley Taylor-Smith.
– Open Water Swimming Clinic
– 1on1 Stroke Correction Analysis
– Troy tour
– free time in the city centre
– Dinner & Motivational Presentation with Shelley Taylor-Smith (optional)
– Depart for Istanbul airports
– Leave from Istanbul
€ 1.050 per person, in a double room,
€ 1.200 per person in a single room,
– Registration fee to Bosphorus swim,(guarantee 100 places)
– 3 nights bed & breakfast stay at 5* hotel (closest hotels to race village, maximum 10 minutes bus ride) in Istanbul
– 4 nights stay at 3* ANZAC hotel in Canakkale
– English speaking professional guides,
– Full Wilusa Travel Agency insurance policy (contains bus,hotel,organization),
– Full responsibility to register the swimmers to the Bosphorus swim and the whole organization,
– Swim event at Anzac cove with the full formal permissions from the state.
The Gallipoli Swim Tour offers 4 nights accommodation at the ANZAC Hotel in Canakkale.